Terms and Conditions of Rental
The agreement covers the rental of a fully equipped house, by the owners to "the Client".
1. The rental includes for reasonable use of electricity, gas and logs during the period of rental.
2. The confirmation of the received deposit of 30% is the formal acceptance of the booking. This deposit is non-refundable. The balance is due at the latest six weeks before the start of the rental period and in the case of cancellations after this date the balance (less expenses and losses) will be refunded if the property is successfully re-let. We shall try our utmost to do this. If the balance is not received as stated the owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation in writing.
3. A security deposit of £250 is required in case of damage or loss to the property, or to its contents. This sum is not the limit of the clients' liability to the owners. The deposit is payable to the owners, in advance of arrival at the property and is returned, all being well, following departure and return of the keys.
4. All rentals commence at 4pm and finish at 10am, except by prior written agreement.
5. The maximum number of guests to reside on the property must not exceed that stated when booking, unless the owners have given written permission.
6. The client shall reside in the premises only as a temporary residence and shall not engage in any commercial, illegal, nuisance, dangerous or other activity that could embarrass the owners or cause complaints from neighbours.
7. This is a non-smoking house and the co-operation of all guests is requested.
8. End of stay cleaning during your stay is not included in the rental price. The property should be left thoroughly cleaned and as found. The owners reserve the right to take the cost of cleaning from the security deposit if thorough cleaning is not done before departure. All furniture and equipment is to be left at its original place, all dishes which have been used are to be dried and put away and all waste, rubbish is to be taken away and disposed of before your departure.
9. The client must report to the owner without delay any defects in the property, breakdown in the equipment, services or appliances or breakages in the property. Arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as rapidly as possible.
10. The owners shall not be liable to the client for the following:
· Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or service in the property.
· Any loss or inconvenience caused to, or suffered by the client due to the seasonal unavailability of public services to the property or the surrounding area.
· Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property is destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such event, the owner shall, within seven days of notification to the client, refund all sums previously paid for the rental.
· Any loss, damage or injury suffered by the client, their party, their vehicles or personal possessions whilst on the property.
11. In particular no liability is accepted by the owners in respect of any injury or mishap occurring to the client, their party or their visitors due for example to use of the stairs or the pool, or when opening or closing window shutters etc.
12. The pool alarm system is to be switched on by the client at all times except when the pool is actually in use. It remains the responsibility of the client to ensure that children are supervised when using the pool.
13. In no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, accident etc., since these are not covered by the owner's insurance.
14. We regret that we are unable to accommodate pets.
15. Taxe de sejour (tourist tax per night) is payable locally in euros at the rate current in the municipality. This is in addition to the rental cost.